*"What if they all become mindless porn-addicted drones that are completely
dependant on the Internet for all forms of social interaction?"*

Then there's plenty of room for them on the LINUX-L list.  ;)

On 4/13/07, Bell,Douglas J <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> What if the laptop plan backfires???
>

> What if they all become mindless porn-addicted drones that are completely
dependant on the Internet for all forms of social interaction?

> Maybe hands would start losing digits ( or gaining digits ) as those who
were genetically better at browsing inter-bred.

> Or like maybe a third appendage for turning that crank!
>

> Douglas J. Bell  MCSE, MCDBA
> Senior Computer Programmer Analyst
> University of Florida International Center
> http://www.ufic.ufl.edu
> O: (352) 273 - 1515
> C: (352) 262 - 3277
>
>  "There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary
and those who don't."

> ________________________________

Behalf Of Rob Tobias
> Sent: Friday, April 13, 2007 1:47 PM
> To: [log in to unmask]
> Subject: Re: OLPC demo @ UF this Saturday
>

> Actually, getting these kids on the internet means they'll be better
educated, which means they'll be able to empower themselves into building
their country to the point that they have what they need, whether it be
clean drinking water or a stable democracy.

http://money.cnn.com/2006/02/16/technology/business2_futureboy0216/index.htm

--
Rob Tobias ([log in to unmask])
http://www.robisfunny.com