On Thu, 2007-05-17 at 09:21 -0400, Mauricio Tavares wrote:

> 	If you run fdisk as you suggested, you will get the following
> error message (stolen from above):

The error message didn't survive your cut and paste.

> Now, if you read the man page for mke2fs, you will see that "-n" will
> provide the block location for the backup superblocks. So, I tried to use

Superblocks are a feature of a filesystem.  /dev/cciss/c0d0 is a disk.
Filesystems go on partitions of disks.  The objective here is to find
out what partitions you have on the disk at /dev/cciss (the SCSI raid
subsystem) at controller 0, disk 0.

"fdisk /dev/cciss/c0d0" should allow you to do that.  If it doesn't, the
contents of that error message may help us figure out what is wrong with
your system.  If it does, the output of typing "p" into fdisk when you
get the prompt will certainly help us.

If you like, you can instead choose to again accuse me of not reading
the man pages for these commands I use daily in my job administrating
UNIX and Linux systems (including HP DL-380s with this exact piece of
RAID hardware) for a Fortune 500 company, and instead reiterate that
your LiveCD's hardware browser sees the partitions again, in which case
you'll have one less person familiar with this hardware helping you with
your problem.