John,

So in the end you will really have AT-to-PS/2-to-USB?

Too many adapters could cause trouble.

But... I think I have what you need in my office.  You can try one
before you buy.  We use them to connect new Dell computers (USB-only) to
existing PS/2 KVM switches.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=ENE&DEPA=0&Description=usb+to+ps%2F2&x=0&y=0

Just make sure you get one with a female PS/2 connector.

They cost under $16, sometimes with free shipping.  Don't feel
ridiculous.  If you want to double the weight to a full ounce, throw in
  a 1GB thumb drive for another $10.  :)

- Dan