John,

==============================
Date:    Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:35:55 -0700
From:    John Waaser <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: Drive "controllers"

--0-1208960729-1184790955=:90527

Well, if Linux says it's time to format your 500GB drive, and that drive
is indeed 500MB, you've got a major problem!!!!   :-)

Yeah, I'm sure we were saying the same thing. And if that drive were
indeed 500 GB, as in Gigabyte, then I would assume that Linux could
indeed write to all parts of that drive. If you want to test this. just
copy a DVD a hundred-odd times with different names until you fill the
drive. It's easy enough to wipe the drive clean afterwards....
==============================

Hmmm, if I could learn to make factor of 10^3 errors with money, I could
run for public office ;)
Interesting idea about the DVD.

So far though, I am hopeful that I got it working.

Thanks!

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida