I've found that some of the codecs don't run so well under vlc, but nearly
everything runs fine under gxine.  And with my current codec list, I can run
absolutely anything (at least, anything I've come across so far) under
mplayer, even though I kind of hate the interface.

--
Rob Tobias ([log in to unmask])