On Wed, 2007-01-24 at 18:00 -0500, Rob Tobias wrote:
> I'm trying to do some audio work and my on-board sound card doesn't
> have enough bells and whistles for Audacity to offer any
> functionality.  Anyone have a suggestion?
Depends on what you mean by "bells and whistles", I guess.  You looking
for honestly linear ADCs/DACs, high bit depths, multiple ins/outs...
PCI, USB, firewire connectivity?  Lots of variables there.

Probably the best source of answers would be the Linux Sound & MIDI site
at http://www.linux-sound.org; just click on the "Hardware + Linux" menu
opton on the left.

Bruce H. McIntosh                            [log in to unmask]
Senior Network Engineer                      http://net-services.ufl.edu
University of Florida CNS/Network Services   352-392-2061