A friend needs to send her laptop in for warranty repairs and has asked me
if I could back it up for her as the hard drive might be replaced or
formatted. I told her that I'd look into the matter. I've been attempting to
use Partimage and the SystemRescueCd from www.sysresccd.org but am having
some difficulty with that over a network. My major problem seems to be
correctly configuring both systems to use Partimage. Does anyone know of a
good guide for doing this sort of thing or have suggestions for alternative
tools? Its around 60GB of data (120GB total hd size), so I'm trying to avoid
backing it up to CDs/ DVDs, but that is a possibility. The the data needing
to be stored is in FAT and ntfs partitions. I'm close to recommending an
external drive to place the backup on, but I know that she would like to
avoid that expense.

Thanks

Nick