These directions are for the VPN client which is only useful on the
wireless, it doesn't help the original poster who is trying to
connect to the wired networks in housing.  Too bad dhnet shut down
their forums, I"m sure someone would have posted explanations there.

Join together the instructions from Chris' link that has quick setup
instructions along with the sample config here:

http://www.dhnet.ufl.edu/tutorials/wired/linux/wpa_supplicant.conf

The wpa_supplicant is already buitl into Feisty so you don't need to
install anything if that's what you're running.

Of course, that's a terrible way to do it since it hard-codes the
password into a config file on your hard drive.  Drive encryption is
a good thing.  I'm not a big fan of the fact that there doesn't
appear to be a better solution.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer