On Tue, 2007-09-11 at 08:04 -0400, Allen S. Rout wrote:
> G'day, all.
>
> I'm working on a moonlight project for which a sort of bug tracking
> system would be useful, in a more feature tracking sort of role.  I've
> heard a bunch about RT, so I decided to try that out first.
> Unfortunately, when I got it up and running and started looking for a
> web ticket entry form, I got a big "no".
>
> The RT fora seem unanimous:  "Write a little form app that sends email
> to RT, and use email as the sole entry channel".  Piffle.

What? RT is all about the web interface, although its email handling is
also rather good. It even has a 'self-service' helpdesk feature that
allows normal folk to submit tickets and review the tickets they have
pending.

I've spent years using RT, so I can give you a little tour sometime if
you need. There's also a pretty decent book by Jesse Vincent (original
RT author) and crew. The Wiki (http://wiki.bestpractical.com) is full of
useful info, but probably not a lot at the just-getting-acquainted
level.

-avi