Yes.  Pretty much any scanner is going to require administrative
access. (I know for a fact that Nessus and ISS do, haven't tried
Retina in a long time, but I imagine it's the same).

Of course, this being the LINUX-L list, I should point out that
you're looking for a linux-solution in a windows-world.

You could try the run-as tool, though that has its own downsides --
namely you have to give it admin credentials:

http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/
proddocs/en-us/runas.mspx?mfr=true

Or, just us a full-connect scan since no raw sockets are required.

--
Jordan Wiens, CISSP
UF Network Security Engineer