Several people indicated that they wanted to see more gatorlug meetings.

http://www.gatorlug.org/node/185#comment-604

I would like to propose an additional Gatorlug meeting, to be held on the fourth Friday of each month. Also, with this additional meeting, I would like to experiment with more participatory meetings, in which we work on projects, teach each other how to use or install various tools, or demonstrate solutions to problems in which other members have expressed an interest. We should end each meeting with a brief discussion about what we want to see in the next meeting. Here are some of the topics that have already been proposed on the previously mentioned thread:

1) whip up a script to calculate the ideal meeting time given a set of available schedules
2) Installing Cedega
3) MythTV (sounds familiar, did we already do this?)

I've added one final post to this thread on the website, asking to move this conversation to the list because there is a lower post delay here.

So, who's interested? Is another meeting time better? What would be a good location? Any additional topic suggestions?

Meeting on Fridays? Why can't I remember that any real gator fan is driving cross-country on Fridays? Besides, Fridays are date nights with my wife, a great way to start the weekend. :-D

We really need that script for calculating meeting times :-) If you are interested in extra meetings, please email either me or the list the following information:
     list of evenings that you are available
     list of topics that interest you, general or specific
          general examples: programming, system administration, gaming, advocacy
          specific examples: exclipse tips and tricks, encryption, cedega, lobbying against software patents
     list of topics you would like to present or activities you would like to organize

We could also have several additional meetings, each oriented toward a different interest group.