On Tuesday 27 November 2007 14:25, Bob Johnson wrote:

> My understanding is that (in Florida) it is legal to record a phone call if
> either party to the call consents to the recording, i.e. if you consent
> then you can record calls that you are participating in without telling the
> other end. Unless the law has changed (IANAL and all that), of course.

Drat.

According to http://www.callcorder.com/phone-recording-law-america.htm I got
it exactly backwards. It says Florida is one of the few states that requires
consent of all parties to record a phone call. Federal law requires the
consent of at least one party to the call. There seems to be a court-created
exception for businesses recording their employees' business calls.

- Bob