On Friday 23 February 2007 11:33 am, Jeff Lasman wrote:

> On Friday 23 February 2007 11:24 am, Clay Wells wrote:
> > sed -e '/^mx/d' < mxremove.txt > mxremoved.txt
>
> Yes, except I don't want to remove both lines, just the mx<tab> line.
>
> However, I've solved that problem.  I can change mx0 to ffff in all
> files easily enough, temporarily, and change them back later.  So
> this works.

Responding to my own post to point out that I finally figured out the
regex to find the whole line.  I was trying to put everything together
without spaces between regex items, and that was what was killing me.
I appreciate all the help.

Jeff
--
Jeff Lasman, Nobaloney Internet Services
1254 So Waterman Ave., Suite 50, San Bernardino, CA  92408