From: Jim Martinez [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, March 07, 2007 4:38 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Use of uninitialized value in concatenation (.) or string at
/usr/lib/perl5/5.8.5/i386-linux-thread-multi/Scalar/Util.pm line 30

Does anyone have experience using a staging server for QA?  Will a some
type of pre production environment that "closely" resembles the production
environment help?

I wish I had staging area, but maybe it really wouldn't help.  Having a
test suite for web applications helps.

Also I wish I had this staging area when trying to reproduce bugs.  I've
experienced the Heisenberg principle, where the act of looking for a bug
somehow influences the system.

Nice post, Shawn.

Zen