I havent done a lot of PHP performance tuning or programming, so these may be a stupid questions....

Is adding more memory to the PHP processes helpful at all in terms of PHP execution speed (assuming a "loaded" site)?

I'm looking at my default memory_limit of 16M, and that seems small.

Is there any performance advantage in one or the other of the session serializers?
(Registered serializer handlers php php_binary wddx)

dan

On 3/14/07, Arthur Sherman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> You could also switch to Knoppix, keep the entire operating system in
> memory, and not have any disk I/O.
>
> Could someone please remind me of the problem that we were
> trying to solve?

Funny.

Well, I am trying to understand how could I make my hosting server faster
performer, what's possible and recommended etc.
Particularily, I am trying to understand if $subject is good solution.

Best,

--
Arthur Sherman

+972-52-4878851