[log in to unmask] wrote on 2/13/2007 10:30:53 AM:

> No, JB Weld doesn't have nearly the thermal conductivity of thermal
> cement.
I didn't say it did. I said it conducts heat ""pretty well." And of course the main point was that it's available pretty much everywhere, unlike the specialty adhesives. There's plenty of anecdotal evidence that JB Weld does a good job of attaching heat sinks to chips. Unless you're doing serious overclocking, you probably won't notice the difference. The most important factor is how thin a layer you can get.

I'd also point out that if you do want silver, be sure to get the actual Arctic Silver brand, not just any product with silver in the name. There are some outright fraudulent products on the market that claim to contain silver, but do not.
http://www.overclockers.com/articles938/