From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Nong
Sent: Friday, October 12, 2007 8:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Late answers

Ahhhhhhh!!!!  Don't send!!!!  I'm happily married.  In fact, I chase my husband around the house with a can of whip cream and a jar of marmalade, yelling, "Lay down, this won't hurt much."

Happily married,

Nong

On 10/12/07, Bob Johnson <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Thursday 06 September 2007 14:35, Bill Merriam wrote:
> How is it that people answer questions DAYS after they have been asked
> AND answered?  It's like the doctor taps you on the knee with the little
> hammer and you kick an hour later.

Assuming this isn't a rhetorical question, I'd say it's because they read
their email in chronological order so it makes sense. Sort of like why they
don't top-post.

> Oh wait, I know, they aren't using a threading email client.

The reason they don't have threading enabled on their email client is that
would cause them to miss new postings from people who generate new posts by
replying to old messages.

> Has anybody noticed this comic strip: http://xkcd.com/312/
>
> You can get this one, http://xkcd.com/149/ on a t-shirt.

Actually, I was thinking of sending this one to Nong on Valentine's Day, but
she's married:

http://xkcd.com/63/

Come to think of it, so am I.

- Bob