From: Platform Independent Linux List! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Lavigne
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2007 10:10 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: hackathon gatorlug meetings

Several people indicated that they wanted to see more gatorlug meetings.

http://www.gatorlug.org/node/185#comment-604

I would like to propose an additional Gatorlug meeting, to be held on the fourth Friday of each month. Also, with this additional meeting, I would like to experiment with more participatory meetings, in which we work on projects, teach each other how to use or install various tools, or demonstrate solutions to problems in which other members have expressed an interest. We should end each meeting with a brief discussion about what we want to see in the next meeting. Here are some of the topics that have already been proposed on the previously mentioned thread:

1) whip up a script to calculate the ideal meeting time given a set of available schedules
2) Installing Cedega
3) MythTV (sounds familiar, did we already do this?)

I've added one final post to this thread on the website, asking to move this conversation to the list because there is a lower post delay here.

So, who's interested? Is another meeting time better? What would be a good location? Any additional topic suggestions?

--
There are two ways of constructing a software design: One way is to make it so simple that there are obviously no deficiencies, and the other way is to make it so complicated that there are no obvious deficiencies. The first method is far more difficult.

                    - C.A.R. Hoare -