Hi,
Years ago, Randy Palmer, myself and some others journeyed up to coastal
Georgia for a graze....there we were, spaced out along a highway,
listening to WWV on the shortwave for timing, tape recorders
running....I saw our target star blink, re-appear, then snap out as the
mountains of the moon hid it.  It was actually a fun trip.

We can do it again...its on my calendar!

Lets see,  precede the event with food,  alignment of scope mounts,
revelry, and good cheer.

Re Mike's request for devices to measure astro objects---who out there
would like to put together a presentation for ATM?  Please???  I have a
few books on the subject.

Re Povenmire....what a great idea!!

clear sky

Chuck

Chuck

Don Loftus wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> We con do this out at my place.  I put it on my PDA to hold the time
> open.  It looks like the moon will be about new and Cancer is very high
> in the sky, so visibility won't be a problem.  Sounds good to me.
>
> Don Loftus
>

> On Jan 7, 2007, at 1:28 PM, Bill Helms wrote:
>
>> Mike, Don, et. al,
>>
>> That sounds like a fun thing to do.  I have been on a couple of
>> grazing occultation expeditions, and on one, we discovered a
>> particular star was double, due to the fact that it had two distinct
>> steps in dimming.  BTW, have we ever invited Harold Povenmire of
>> Satellite Beach to come up and give a talk on grazing occultations?
>> Might be a good program for later this year.
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mike Toomey"  <[log in to unmask]>

Chuck  Broward
WretchedSky Observatory