Mike,

All your friends think you should get this one, and bring it to all the star
parties:

http://www.hammacher.com/publish/10949.asp

Seriously, I have had the Starbound Observing Chair for about ten years, and
I like it very much.  There are newer ones that are lighter, and cheaper,
but this one is very comfortable, and plenty rugged.  Good review at:

http://www.weasner.com/etx/showcase/starbound_chair/chair.html

If you are looking for something less costly, try this:
 http://cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=75

Or this:
http://cloudynights.com/item.php?item_id=1161

Be sure to read the review of most of most of the available observing chairs
at:

http://www.catseyecollimation.com/jfrazier.html

Bill Helms, wishing I were at Lat. 29.62 SOUTH!!!