I appreciate the responses to this question.  I am aware that the practice
at the majority of institutions is to count the grades in the GPA in some
form or another, but not the credits earned toward graduation.

Is anyone aware of studies regarding the effectiveness one way or the
other of this practice?  Citations about this are what I'm looking for.

As always, this listserv is the best!