>This posting to the another listserve I am on, Professional &
>Organization Development Network in Higher Education, may be of
>interest to those following the "algebra" thread.
>
>The National Numeracy Network is developing an electronic journal (Numeracy)
>focused on the teaching of quantitative reasoning and would like input from
>prospective readers to set policies and procedures for the journal.   Please
>take a few minutes to complete a brief questionnaire on issues that will shape
>the journal.  The questionnaire is found at
><http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.asp?u=464933017288>
>
>"The National Numeracy Network (NNN) envisions a society in which all
>citizens possess the power and habit of mind to search out quantitative
>information, critique it, reflect upon it, and apply it in their public,
>personal and professional lives."    This vision statement and much related
>material can be found at the NNN website http://www.math.dartmouth.edu/~nnn/

>For information about the POD Network visit http://podnetwork.org
>
>Hosted by the John A. Kaneb Center for Teaching and Learning and the
>Office of Information Technologies at the University of Notre Dame.

Knowledge emerges only through invention and reinvention,  through
the restless, impatient, continuing, hopeful inquiry men pursue in
the world, with the world, and with each other. --Paolo Freire

Dominic (Nic) J. Voge
Study Strategies Program Coordinator
University of California, Berkeley
Student Learning Center
136 Cesar Chavez Student Center  #4260
Berkeley, CA 94720-4260

(510) 643-9278
http://slc.berkeley.edu

FALL 2006 OFFICE HOURS:
ED 98/198 Office Hours: T 3-4;  W 4-5
Drop-in Hours W 5-6; Th 1-3
Individual Appointments W 10-11; TH 6-8; F 3-4