Dear Colleagues,
We have a unique opportunity at our college. We are in the process of
merging our reading, English, writing, and math centers into one new
learning center. We will then be able to better serve the needs of the
entire campus in addition to the developmental students we currently
serve. Our dean would like for the reading and writing staff to work very
closely and design services that would encourage students all over campus
to see the reading/writing connection. We would like to also work more
closely with faculty campus-wide and offer services that would meet their
needs in the classsroom.
Do any of your centers offer services in this way? If so, I would like to
hear from you. We are currently in the planning process and I would love
to hear what other centers are doing.

Thanks,
Sandy Sampson
Reading Center Coordinator