Thanks, Linda.  Did you have to have support from research or other sources to
get this credit?  Or was it there before you came?  jan

>>> "Mayfield, Linda" <[log in to unmask]> 1/25/2007 9:33 PM >>>
Janice,
I teach a 100-level one-credit-hour elective course that is in the BSN
degree plan for freshmen, entitled Success Skills for Lifelong Learning.
It is taught as a theory and skills course, has weekly assignments,
quizzes and a comprehensive final exam. Beginning in the fall of '08, it
is being moved to the sophomore year, and at this point I anticipate
re-naming it Strategic Learning. I teach metacognition, learning styles,
Gardner's multiple intelligences, Covey's 7 Habits, and use Rick
Warren's Purpose Driven Life for the spiritual component of nursing, as
well as the usual academic success skills.
Linda Riggs Mayfield