Hello all:

I wanted to elicit feedback from colleagues who may work at institutions 
that offer a form of either academic renewal or academic forgiveness for 
adult learners who return to an institution after a considerable time 
away from campus.  Some members of our administration are considering 
examining a policy that would allow students to essentially wipe out 
their cumulative grade point average for a certain amount of credits in 
their first 1 or 2 years at the institution.

I know that there are a few institutions that have policies whereby if a 
student who is dismissed or leaves the university under their own accord 
comes back 10 years or more after their departure they can apply to have 
a certain number of courses removed from their cumulative GPA, though 
the grades will still stand on their transcript.

If you are at an institution that has a policy such as this please 
contact me directly at [log in to unmask] when you have a moment.

Robert Ciervo
Robert L. Ciervo, Ph.D., Director
Rutgers-Camden Learning Center
Rutgers, The State University of New Jersey-Camden
231 Armitage Hall
311 N. Fifth Street
Camden, NJ 08102
(856) 225-2722
(856) 225-6443 fax
[log in to unmask]

To access the LRNASST-L archives or User Guide, or to change your
subscription options (including subscribe/unsubscribe), point your web browser to

To contact the LRNASST-L owner, email [log in to unmask]