Hello all:

I wanted to elicit feedback from colleagues who may work at institutions
that offer a form of either academic renewal or academic forgiveness for
adult learners who return to an institution after a considerable time
away from campus.  Some members of our administration are considering
examining a policy that would allow students to essentially wipe out
their cumulative grade point average for a certain amount of credits in
their first 1 or 2 years at the institution.

I know that there are a few institutions that have policies whereby if a
student who is dismissed or leaves the university under their own accord
comes back 10 years or more after their departure they can apply to have
a certain number of courses removed from their cumulative GPA, though
the grades will still stand on their transcript.

If you are at an institution that has a policy such as this please
contact me directly at [log in to unmask] when you have a moment.

Sincerely,
Robert Ciervo
--
Robert L. Ciervo, Ph.D., Director