We're trying to decide what the nature of the directorship should be for
our center. The faculty rule the roost at our college, and I'm looking
for input from this list on arguments for and against having the
director's position be part of the faculty.

That being said, I think (politically) that it won't happen here, no one
wants to give up faculty FTE. But I could still use some cogent
arguments to convince the naysayers.

Citations would be greatly appreciated, as would opinions that I could
share with my dean.

Thanks in advance.

Dave

--
David L. O. Ehren
Math and Science Counselor

I am doing some of the many right things to do.