-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Robin Sakonyi
Sent: Wednesday, January 31, 2007 12:42 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: student (dis)satisfaction

Hello, all.  I have a question regarding how you might handle the following:

*	A student approaches the Tutorial Coordinator with a
comment/complaint that the tutor with whom he has been working gave
inaccurate information or answers to the his questions.  They had been
working on (physics) problems, and the answers derived by the tutor were,
basically, wrong in comparison to the answers presented in the subsequent
class by the professor.
*	Have you dealt with situations like this?
*	What direction did you take with the tutor?
*	What direction did you take with the student?

As always, looking forward to your feedback...

Robin

Robin Sakonyi
Coordinator, Center for Student Progress
Supplemental Instruction and Student Tutorial Services
Youngstown State University
330-941-2956

browser to