I am the Director of our tutoring center under the auspices of which
fall tutoring, SI, and a freshmen mentoring program.  I am also
FTfaculty.  My contract includes the aforementioned plus teaching 2
developmental reading courses a semester.  Hope this hleps.

Christine T. Flax
Asst. Professor of English Language & Literature
Director of PASS
Director of The Academic Link
Villa Julie College
1525 Greenspring Valley Road
Stevenson, MD 21153
443-334-2639

You may be surprised as to the response you would receive from
faculty; especially adjunct who are looking to become more permanent.
At least, the position should fall under your academic "house" and not

student services. This is a best practice that I have researched. You
will have more support from faculty and will more likely to find a
person with background in learning theory and pedagogy. It is not
uncommon for the directorship to a faculty position. I would push for
this. Good luck!

Cheri