Check out Students Helping Students: A Guide for Peer Educators on
College Campuses by Steven C Ender and Fred B Newton.  Published by
Jossey Bass.  An instructor's manual is also available.

Kathy

Kathryn Van Wagoner
Math Lab Manager
Utah Valley State College
801-863-8411

ad-van-tage   n.  A factor conducive to success.

>>> "Vicki Papineau" <[log in to unmask]> 1/31/2007 12:29 PM >>>
The College Reading and Learning Association sells a Tutor Training
Handbook for just this purpose, Jeff.  Check out the website:
www.crla.net under publications.  The table of contents is listed and
an
order form can be printed off the site.
Also check out CRLA's International Tutor Program Certification at the
website.
vp
Vicki Papineau
Central Community College