Sandy,
We have one tutoring department that serves most disciplines and all
students.  We have focused on communicating directly with faculty to
make sure they know we serve ALL students.  We have a presentation that
we do at department meetings -- academic departments and student affairs
departments.  It has been a great way to communicate with faculty and
staff.  My colleague Jennifer Paul is doing a poster presentation about
our "road show" at NADE in March.

Kathy

>>> "Sandy Sampson" <[log in to unmask]> 1/9/2007 9:10 AM >>>
Dear Colleagues,
We have a unique opportunity at our college. We are in the process of
merging our reading, English, writing, and math centers into one new
learning center. We will then be able to better serve the needs of the

entire campus in addition to the developmental students we currently
serve. Our dean would like for the reading and writing staff to work
very
closely and design services that would encourage students all over
campus
to see the reading/writing connection. We would like to also work more

closely with faculty campus-wide and offer services that would meet
their
needs in the classsroom.
Do any of your centers offer services in this way? If so, I would like
hear from you. We are currently in the planning process and I would
love
to hear what other centers are doing.

Thanks,
Sandy Sampson