** Proprietary **

Kathy,
Thanks for your response to my posting. I will not be able to attend
the NADE conference this year, but I would love to see what your
colleague Jennifer Paul is doing. I would also be very interested in
learning more about your presentation that you give to other faculty.
This is the very thing that we are trying to dsevelop here at
Tallahassee Community College. Thanks so much for anythingn that you can
share.  You can send it off list if you like.
Thanks,
Sandy

>>> Kathryn VanWagoner <[log in to unmask]> 01/09/07 3:21 PM >>>
Sandy,
We have one tutoring department that serves most disciplines and all
students.  We have focused on communicating directly with faculty to
make sure they know we serve ALL students.  We have a presentation
that
we do at department meetings -- academic departments and student
affairs
departments.  It has been a great way to communicate with faculty and
staff.  My colleague Jennifer Paul is doing a poster presentation
about
our "road show" at NADE in March.

Kathy

>>> "Sandy Sampson" <[log in to unmask]> 1/9/2007 9:10 AM >>>
Dear Colleagues,
We have a unique opportunity at our college. We are in the process of
merging our reading, English, writing, and math centers into one new
learning center. We will then be able to better serve the needs of the

entire campus in addition to the developmental students we currently
serve. Our dean would like for the reading and writing staff to work
very
closely and design services that would encourage students all over
campus
to see the reading/writing connection. We would like to also work more

closely with faculty campus-wide and offer services that would meet
their
needs in the classsroom.
Do any of your centers offer services in this way? If so, I would like
hear from you. We are currently in the planning process and I would
love
to hear what other centers are doing.

Thanks,
Sandy Sampson