That will be great. Thanks.

Gillian

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Bryan R. Cockerham
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Developmental Mathematics

I am a graduate student in the math department at Texas State
University-San Marcos and usually graduate students teach the
developmental mathematics coursework while participating in a training
program. We are supervised by an onsite lecturer and a coordinator who
designed the program some years ago. The graduate students are the
primary instructors but not of record and they do not create tests.
These are designed by the coordinators. This semester several of the
dev. math courses are being taught by new hire lecturers due to Spring
numbers being a little lower than Fall. We usually service over 700
students per semester in dev math here and I believe we cap dev courses
at 30.

Hope this was helpful!

Bryan R. Cockerham
Graduate Student - Math Department
Texas State University - San Marcos

P.S. Thanks for those who helped me on this listserv with a research
project I was conducting last semester on best practice in assessment of
student learning in developmental math. I hope to submit my findings for
publication sometime this semester.