-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Charlotte Short
Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 2:37 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Grades in Developmental Coursework

Hello,

A proposal has come up here to remove developmental course grades from
the
GPA.  The credits do not count toward graduation.  However, many
students
end up on academic probation because of their developmental course work
and the impact on GPA.

I need some research citations to defend having the course grades count.
I have a lot of professional stuff on my shelves but am hoping you can
guide me to the resource locations quickly.

Any help you can give is much appreciated.

Charlotte Short					Wyllie D175
Learning Assistance Coordinator			262.595.3334
University of Wisconsin-Parkside		Fax: 262.595.2716
Kenosha, WI 53144

browser to