Jeanne, Happy New Year! Are you planning to present on UID at CRLA this
year? If not, I will submit a proposal to do so.

-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Jeanne Higbee
Sent: Wednesday, January 03, 2007 1:04 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Printing for the visually-impaired

Everyone,

Thanks to Karen Kalivoda and Margaret Totty of the University of
Georgia's Disability Resource Center, We have an update of our
descriptions of assistive technologies now available on our current
grant (PASS IT) Web site, http://www.education.umn.edu/passit

Also, for those of you who might be using film clips (a topic from time
to time on this list), be sure to check out:

DVS Home Video. (n.d.). /Descriptive Video Service catalogue./ Retrieved
December 11, 2006, from
http://main.wgbh.org/wgbh/pages/mag/resources/dvs-home-video-catalogue.h
tml

Jeanne Higbee

David Caverly wrote:
> Daniele,
>
> Look to the products at VisionCue (for example) at:
>
> http://www.visioncue.com/products.asp
>
> They have an ALVA Satellite Braille display and an Enabling
> Technologies Braille printer.
>
> Read about it in:
>
> Kalivoda, K. S., & Totty, M. C. (2003). Universal design and
> technology. In J. L. Higbee (Ed.). Curriculum Transformation and
Disability (CTAD):
> Implementing Universal Design in higher education. City: Center for
> Research on Developmental Education and Urban Literacy, University of
Minnesota.