"Part of the "purpose" of math, any math, is
to help one learn to think logically, to separate the real issues from
all
of the unnecessary fluff and to develop a sense of the world wherein
"things fit together".

Yes, that is why I believe all students should take Latin or a foreign
language, too!

Math for women?! Wow. That is disturbing -- and I mean that.  - Kathy