From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
Sent: Wednesday, January 10, 2007 2:23 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: peer tutor job applicant "rating" form

Hi all,

Every semester I hire 50-80 peer tutors from a potential applicant pool
of
a few hundred. We winnow through the original applications by using a
series of written questions to determine who we want to interview. I am
interested to learn if any of you use and would share any type of
"rating"
form that you use to help you select the most appropriate of similar
candidates. We generally have a single staff member responsible for each
of
the three steps in the process so we need some quick, easy tool to help
us
decide from step to step.

Thanks in advance,
Roberta Schotka
NADE'08 conference co-chair
Head, Peer Tutoring
Northeastern University Libraries, 242 SL
(617) 373-2150 voice
(617) 373-2529 fax

browser to