From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals on behalf of David I. Williams
Sent: Thu 18-Jan-07 11:25
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Testing Centers

Hello everyone,
I have been receiving messages on the National College Testing Association
list serve regarding how other colleges have their testing services set
up. I have been rather surprised to discover that no other college
responding hires undergraduate students to work anywhere in their testing
centers - especially not as readers or scribes. The opinion of all testing
center personnel is that undergraduate students should not have access to
tests of their peers, even if they are not in any of the same classes.

It gives me additional rationale for hiring a full-time professional staff
for the front desk if I can get it into my budget this year. However, I
was planning to hire student workers to assist in the front office.

What are your thoughts on this?

Kendra Linkous
Testing Center Coordinator
OSU/N and COTC