Dear Colleague in Education:

The National Tutoring Association (NTA) is the oldest and largest
association dedicated solely to the tutorial discipline. With nearly 15
years of experience, the NTA has worked to set a standard of
professional excellence and accountability for tutors and academic
coaches. To that end, we work to train and certify tutors, tutor
trainers, and program administrators at several levels of competency.
The NTA also certifies tutoring programs and tutorial curriculums at
various levels. The requirements for certification are listed on our
website (www.ntatutor.org). We believe that all individuals working with
students in any sort of tutorial situation should be held to these
stringent requirements for both training content and practical
experience. In this way, we can be better assured that the tutors
serving our students are performing at the highest level of professional
competency in accordance with the NTA Tutor Code of Ethics.

The NTA offers training and certification opportunities at our annual
conference and at one-day regional training events. Regional trainings
are scheduled to be held at Loyola University Chicago on February 2-3,
2007 from 8:30am to 4:30pm and at Norfolk State University in Norfolk,
VA on February 23-34, 2007 from 8:30am to 4:30pm.   A sample agenda and
all registration information are available on our website
(www.ntatutor.org).  We invite you and your tutorial staff to take
advantage of this opportunity to become nationally certified thereby
taking your program to the next level of professionalism and excellence.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any questions. Once
again, all certification and event information is available on our
website.  I look forward to seeing you at this training event.

Sincerely,
Dr. Sandi Ayaz
NTA Executive Director and
Certification Chair