National Tutoring Association
15th Annual Conference

CALL TO CONFERENCE

April 14 - 18, 2007
Westin Tabor Center Hotel
Denver, CO

Mile High and Down to Earth: Tutoring Theory Meets Practice

Dear Colleagues:

The National Tutoring Association (NTA) is a group of over 5500 individuals and organizations that are devoted to supporting students achieve success through tutoring.  Our membership includes anyone who is interested in tutoring, such as peer tutors, paraprofessional tutors, professional tutors, literacy volunteers, tutor trainers and administrators, and private tutors.  Our membership includes elementary schools, middle schools, high schools, colleges, universities, community programs, faith based programs, and NCLB providers.

The Officers, Board of Directors and Members of the National Tutoring Association invite you to attend our 15th Annual Conference. We ask you to join your colleagues in an exchange of ideas and expertise in tutoring. Concurrent sessions will cover topics including, but not limited to: recruiting, training, and retaining tutors; current trends in practice and research; use of technology; understanding the law; tutoring special populations; online tutoring; grant writing; learning preferences; improving tutorial leadership for directors and coordinators; conflict management; building and marketing private or community programs; basic nuts and bolts of tutoring; and motivating students.

In addition to educational and motivating concurrent sessions, we are proud to present an  incredible keynote speaker lineup this year which includes Mr. Willie Jolley, Dr. Rita Smilkstein, Dr Shari Sweetnam, and Carol Carter.

Full conference details and registration information are available on our website (www.ntatutor.org), or feel free to contact us via our e-mail address ([log in to unmask]). We look forward to seeing you all in Denver.