-----Original Message-----
From: Open Forum for Learning Assistance Professionals
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Lucy MacDonald
Sent: Friday, January 12, 2007 5:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Adult and Mature Students

Best resource that I have found on this topic is Siebert and Gilpin's
book, Adult Student's Guide to Survival and Success.  Here the mature
students are referred to as OTA's (Older than Average!)  At Chemeketa
Community College the average age is 34!!!

Check out Amazon.com reviews on this book to get some ideas on what
might "hook" older students.  Primarily, it has to be convenient and fit
into their busy time schedule.

Lucy

Lucy Tribble MacDonald, M.A.,M.A.Faculty EmeritaChemeketa Community
College4977 Brookmeade DRSarasota,
[log in to unmask]://www.howtostudy.org