I am teaching a new course for me, a senior-level "capstone" seminar
that is supposed to be deeply meaningful and interdisciplinary to any
of our senior arts and sciences students.

I am taking some loose inspiration from Castell's book and calling it
the "Rise of the Network Society."

I am asking you to reach into your liberal arts souls for any
thoughts about fiction or novels that might illustrate, animate, or
resonate with facets of living in the network society.  This could be
glocalization, small worlds, rise of social status stratification,
post_Seattle social movements, technologically mediated alienation,
collapse of nation states/rise of regions, and so on.

I know the play by Guare.

Thank you (and I will repost any suggestions I receive).

Cheers,
Jordi

Jordi Comas
Visiting Assistant Professor
Management
Bucknell University
570 577-3161

http://www.facstaff.bucknell.edu/jcomas

Ideas, Commentary and Research Blog: www.netsweweave.blogspot.com

"There is nothing so practical as a good theory."  Kurt Lewin

"Not all learning leads to intelligent behavior."  James March