I haven't played with it yet, but JSViz seems a very interesting library.
It is in Javascript (so it can be integrated directly into web pages)
and it can read data directly from an XML file. I think it is intended
for small graphs because I guess displaying a graph with millions of
nodes might require too much resources from the Web browser but I'm
not sure.

For some demos and documentation see
http://kylescholz.com/projects/speaking/tae2006/music/#B00005RGIZ and
http://www.kylescholz.com/blog/2006/06/force_directed_graphs_in_javas.html
and http://kylescholz.com/projects/wordnet/

It is Free Software, so you are free to study and change the code,
since the source code is available under a Creative Commons
Attribution License. See
http://www.kylescholz.com/blog/2006/10/jsviz_031_available.html

If you use it, let me know if it does the job for you, thanks!

Paolo Massa
[Blog: http://www.gnuband.org]