Socnetters,

I am currently working on a project which looks at the friends of
adolescents across different age groups.  I came across an article written
by Robert Crosnoe (Social Psych Quarterly 2000) which talked about
friendships and the life course.  This has prompted me to do a little more
digging into the SNA literature, particularly how egocentric network
characteristics change with age (especially during adolescence).  The SNA
literature on the subject is something that I am not familiar with at this
point.  I have come up with a handful of articles by Eder, Hallinan, and
others but am sure there is more research out there.  Much of what I have
found is from the late 70's and 80's so I am wondering if I am missing more
recent research on the subject.

Can any of you point me in the right direction?  I am hoping to find some
solid references on how the size, density, and other characteristics of
egocentric networks change during adolescence.  I am more than happy to
compile any advice offered in an email and post it to the list.

Many thanks,

Carter