Yes.  Even with great data for an on-line community [the network map
I linked to several weeks ago on SOCNET] we do not have insights into
the other channels -- private email, phone, F2F, small groups, etc.
I remember some research a while back on how good of an estimate for
total comm could be mined by just looking at on-line comm.

So maybe if X and Y have a strong tie on-line it can be predicted
that they have a strong tie overall???  Anyone have + or - research
on that?

Valdis