>> A unique value of the BuzzLogic service is its ability to gather
>> data and draw maps that show the network of trusted relationships
>> linking influential bloggers. Based on criteria established by
>> users, these maps show:
>> Who is influencing specific topics, based on linking relationships
>> and other gestures participants make within blogging conversations;
>> How information flows between influencers and other participants
>> within specific conversation topics; and
>> How these relationships change, both over time and in real time.
>> Powering BuzzLogic maps is a patent pending method for indexing
>> and describing the conversations taking place within social media.
>> The method indexes the millions of publishers participating in
>> conversations and then applies advanced analytic technologies to
>> consider relationships between them and time to gauge how
>> information is being published, shaped, shared and consumed. In
>> turn, BuzzLogic quantifies the relative influence of participants
>> in conversations at moments in time and over time.

Does this imply that they are bridging individual identities across
multiple social software sites?  I find that improbable, or at least,
highly limited by the the anonymized nature of internet activity.
While not claiming to be typical, I probably belong to a couple dozen
fora, blogs, listservs, and other professional and technical
discourse sites, many using different email addresses and
"identities" (account names, signatures) as whim and convenience
dictated.

General public/professional awareness of "online opinion leaders" is
increasing.  I'm beginning to see job postings with online "opinion
leader development" as a responsibility, especially in the medical /
biotech fields:

> http://naturejobs.nature.com/texis/jobsearch/details.html?
> id=456c8a9f4a0780&qCountry=United%20Kingdom&pp=25&view=2&page=8
>  Public Relations for BioMed Central: write and send press
> releases, press release telephone follow-up with journalists,
> journalist database management, build relationships with
> journalists, key opinion leader development, PR event management
> and other PR activity as appropriate

> http://www.idenix.com/joinus/c_dma.html
> Director of US Medical Affairs:
> ..Building and maintaining direct oversight of a medical science
> liaison group; opinion leader advocacy development; supporting and....

Used internally, the concept of "opinion leaders" used within
organizations appears largely to be a buzz-label for the mature
subject of  (informal) organizational networks.

Guy Hagen, President
Innovation Insight, Inc.
27810 Sky Lake Circle
Wesley Chapel, FL 33543