My understanding is that it is one purchasER -- a nice two-mode
network:  set(ego,[purchase1,purchase2, ... , purchaseX]).

Think of the famous two-mode data set: 18 Southern Women.  Instead of
deriving how the women are connected, Amazon looks at how the events
they attended are connected.  Here is a great paper by Lin Freeman on
the Southern Women data set...

http://moreno.ss.uci.edu/85.pdf

Valdis