Loet,
- interaction provides the basis of ANY link - as in SNA - whatever
communicative act, it has to be 'reciprocated' to establish a link (I
hope I defend this position in my book)

-  I also argue against the Latourians for not distinguishing between
human and non-human act. However, I fully embrace their concepts and
apparatus on the role of context, and this is what I call the 'cultural
approach' to network analysis - discursive, and aiming to deconstruct
network processes, or what stands behind network structure, i.e. what
stands behind the 'network map', which most of us agree - is a tool in
the hands of 'skilful' ones.

- We can call the Latourians 'the non-conformists' in SNA. We should
make some place for them on the table, trying to learn their language -
as long as they try to reciprocate, i.e. to learn some SNA language -
which is emergent anyway.

Best
Emanuela

Dr. Emanuela Todeva