hiya,

Thanks!

FYI of others who may be struggling, I've also received  this ref:

Coleman, J.S. (1997). Constructed social networks in the study of diffusion. In B.D. Spencer (ed), Statistics & Public Policy (pp. 180-195). Clarendon Press: Oxford.

Aleks

Valdis Krebs <[log in to unmask]> wrote: Aleks,

Welcome to the real world... ;-)

Read the Costenbader & Valente paper on missing data... there are
things you can do with this data.  The good news is that the metrics
that remain usable with missing data are also the metrics that are
easier to calculate with large data sets!

There is another paper on the subject of missing data by Carely,
Borgatti, et.al. but they look at random networks -- which are NOT
social networks.

Have fun, and send us a picture of your graph.

Valdis