From: Travis MacClendon [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 10:21 AM
To: FlBirds Listserve ([log in to unmask])
Subject: Western Meadowlark- Yes- 26 Jan 07

    On 25 Jan 2007 Karen & I saw with scope 1 Western Meadowlark singing
on the telephone wire in front of the house (of previous description by
the Duncan's) on the right at the end of Pelt Road off of Hiway 97 a few
miles short of the Alabama border. The bird was a dead-on copy of the
non-breeding plumage Western Meadowlark in Sibley. The time was about
1215. We heard another singing the classic song in the low fields behind
this same house. I played tape on the dirt road next to the field where
I heard the one singing and a bird seemed to respond by flying across
the field and then sitting up in the grass and looking very interested
in the playback. We neither saw nor heard any more birds in the
vicinity. We spent about 45 minutes in the area and talked to one
interested local farmer/rancher that stopped to offer us help. He told
us about the eagles in the area.

Travis & Karen MacClendon
13755 SW Myers Dairy Rd.
Blountstown, FL 32424   USA