Went by Waverly Pond/Park yesterday (Thursday 1/25) between 11 a.m. and
noon.  Saw a total of 20 species there.  A neat little place.  The
Western Kingbird was prominently "insecting" from the wires on the north
side of Kenilworth south of the pond.  Also saw the following:

Pied-billed Grebe - 1
Great Blue Heron - 2
Great Egret - 1
Wood Storks, Canada Geese, D.C. Cormorants, Eastern Bluebirds - several
Hooded Mergansers - 3
Red-headed Woodpeckers -2 (or 3?!)
Eastern Phoebes,  Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Cedar Waxwings - a few
Warblers:  Orange-crowned, Yellow-rumped, Pine, Palm
Savannah Sparrow, Cardinal, Blue Jay

 From there, went to S. E. Farm.  The holding ponds are under extensive
maintenance/repairs/construction which looks like it will be going on
for quite a while.  The southern most pond  was the only one of the
three smaller ones that had any water in it.  There was one lone male
Northern Shoveler there.  Also saw one Pipit and one Killdeer in the
vicinity.  In the farming area (which I presume is still available only
on Thursdays as the easterly gate was open), I saw  Red-tailed Hawk,
Kestrels and a female Northern Harrier.  I did not have a scope but am
almost certain that I saw a male Northern Harrier coursing just above
the treetops along the tree line on the eastern most edge of the Farm.
Also saw  Killdeer, Pileated Woodpecker (heard), Eastern Pheobes,
American Crows, Ruby-crowned Kinglets, Eastern Bluebirds, European
Starlings, American Pipit, Yellow-rumped Warblers, Pine Warblers, Palm
Warblers (many), Chipping, Savannah and Song Sparrows, Red-winged
Blackbirds and Brown-headed Cowbirds.

Went through Southwood on the way out and the only sighting of note  was
two male Purple Martins circling over the lake near the road.

Keith MacVicar
Tallahassee  FL

.